The following themes are to be addressed in the framework of this Conference:
- Karst Hydrogeology: water resources assessment, groundwater pollution and protection.
- Methods to study karst aquifers: based on hydrodynamic, hydrochemistry, isotopes, dye tracing, geophysical surveys and modelling techniques.
- Karst Geomorphology and Landscape.
- Mining and Engineering in karst media: mining and large structures (tunnels, dams, etc.).
- Karst cavities: touristic caves, natural heritage.
Subjects of interest will be experiences and case studies, techniques used and results obtained in recent scientific research on karst. Free papers may be submitted. Initially, an abstract of 300 to 500 words should be provided. The papers accepted by the Scientific Committee will be included in a proceedings sitck memory. Papers that meet the requirements will be selected for publication in a Springer book-series. In addition, an extended version of the most interesting ones will be published in a special issue of Environmental Earth Sciences journal. Guidelines for authors will be provided in next circular.
The official language of the Symposium will be English, and papers should be given in this language (orally or as posters), although papers written in French and Spanish will be accepted for publication in a proceedings stick memory that will be done.
Communications will be managed through the Indico platform. You must first register with a user account to access the submission form. This user account will allow you to track your communication and register later for the event, workshops, field trips, etc.
Young researchers awards
The eurokarst organization will award the best oral communication and the best poster presented by a young researcher.
Full author guidelines for Eurokarst 2022 will be available later on this page.